5 Reasons Why We Should Believe The Unbelievable
My new book Don’t Turn Around was inspired by my real life experiences with the paranormal, and ever since my first experience in 2010, I have been a staunch advocate of spreading the word. But why should people open their minds and step out of the ordinary to believe in the paranormal?
1. It may not be portrayed in the media but there is a huge following in the paranormal world, and most of this following consists of down to earth hard working people like you and me. Sadly, the media quite often mock stories of supernatural occurrences, leaving it much harder for ordinary people to come forward. I was very pleased to see the recent drama The Enfield Poltergeist which portrayed the family involved in a sympathetic manner. It is our greatest wish that our true story is portrayed in the same way.
2. It’s a lot more common than you think. But if people aren’t coming forward, their stories aren’t being reported. We are making very slow progress in gaining respect for paranormal research, and one day it will be widely accepted. But for now the baton firmly remains in our hands. This time last year I was terrified of the abuse I would encounter, particularly given my position as a police officer. Looking back I can see how wrong I was.
3. Because it’s a good thing. Yes we experienced terrifying occurrences which I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, but think about it. We are not alone, and life goes on – in some form. We are all made up of energy and as any metaphysician will tell you, energy is indestructible.
4. Because the proof is boundless. As spiritual guru Deepak Chopra says, “The strange thing about paranormal is that no matter how often you prove it, it remains unproven.” Witness evidence is key. If over thirty witnesses testified in court to say they experienced the same thing, it would be deemed solid proof that such an incident occurred. Our case involves priests, police, fire service and more. Conclusive evidence in my opinion. And I’m not the only one.
5. Because only through investigation and research will we have a real understanding of the universe we live in. In the words of author Robin Craig Clark “Our duty is wakefulness, the fundamental condition of life itself. The unseen, the unheard, the untouchable is what weaves the fabric of our see-able universe together.”
Have you had supernatural experiences? Or are you a firm non believer? We’d love to hear from you. Please comment below.